So a friend sent me this survey… figured it would waste additional time so that I could procrastinate packing with an already sore back.
1. Favourite non-dairy milk?
… Definitely nut milks.. almond milk is great. cashew milk is awesome in tea, coffee, and smoothies. Coconut milk is awesome in smoothies, soups, and by itself nice and chilled.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
1. Endless options in the salad world but specifically a Spicy Thai Salad over greens
2. Coconut flour muffins
3. Smoothies.. coming up with a top 20 list of yummy smoothies
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Celtic sea salt
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Trying to make a pumpkin pie without a pie dish
5. Favourite pickled item?
Ginger in sushi.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
No organization yet..but since gluten free and as much vegetarian as possible.. the options are narrowing down
7. Favorite junk food
Sweet potato fries and DQ blizzards
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
ONLY 3? Wot! Very uncool.
2. Natures Path Buckwheat Berry waffles
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Morning oatmeal with lots of brown sugar
10. Favourite vegan ice cream?
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My Tassimo espresso/java maker
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Basil…especially with tomato
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Care Bears cook book
14. Favourite flavour of jam/jelly?
Huckleberry … learned to love it when living in Montana
15. Favourite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Snack: Sweet potato fries or home-made avocado guacamole and flax chips Or a salad of raw Asian greens, herbs, avocado, & tomato dressed with a tamari-gingery-sesame seedy-nice oil concoction amazes anyone & everyone. My salads are really amazing
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Tofu on occasion
17. Favourite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
I’m all about breakfast, baby. Smoothies, juices, fruit salads, oatmeals …. Then it’s all about yummy salads and soups
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Martini glasses and shaker. Huge canister of oatmeal, and some Grey Goose.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Frozen fruit, Frozen Sweet Potato Fries, and Fruit Popsicles
20. What’s on your grocery list?
More veggies and raw fruits… coconut yogurt
21. Favourite grocery store?
Trader Joes, Slow Pokes, and Whole Foods
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Grilled Panini with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, basil .. must be gluten free too.
23. Food blog you read the most?
Flotrack, and searching for from gluten free raw food blogs, and some great triathlon blogs (any suggestions)
24. Favourite vegan candy/chocolate?
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Coconut oil and would love to but more coconut water (but it’s so expensive)