The holidays are upon us. Yippee. Not because of the gifts but because of the times. It’s a time to spend with family and friends, enjoying to much food and wine, and the “time” and “silence” to remember the past.
BUT… what if you are looking for that perfect gift for that awesome runner in your life? Here are a few!
Enjoy the trails all year long with this 2011 wall calendar, created by Seattle ultrarunner and photographer Glenn Tachiyama.
In its sixth year, the “Tribute to the Trails” Calendar Project was started as fundraiser for the Washington Trails Association (WTA). WTA is a non-profit organization that creates, maintains and repairs the trails you love to play on. With your support, all proceeds after costs will be donated to WTA.
The calendar is 12″ X 11″, printed on heavy stock. Saddle binding.
Choose from jackets, 1/2 zip pull-overs, vests, t-shirts, tanks, hats, and accessories and give the gift of safety. This apparel and accessory collection is both fashionable and extremely functional. Allow your loved ones to be seen as they train; walking, running, cycling, snow-shoeing, etc.
Spoken from someone who has been both run into by a car cycling and had a couple close calls with inattentive drivers while running, I can think of no better idea than Brooks Nightlife Collection. Prices range from $10-100.
Devon (chef and ultra runner extraordinaire) has created four mixes, each with a special blend of gluten free flour, spices and everything you need to create great gluten free baked goods at home. The mixes come complete with an easy to follow recipe and can be done in just a few steps with minimal adding ingredients (most of which you likely have in your kitchen already). All recipes are healthy and tasty and best of all: gluten free! BUY THESE! You won’t be sorry!!!!
Make an eco-statement with the Green Silence. Each and every part in this fast, groundbreaking shoe has a sustainable element, including soy-based inks and recycled materials. And in this case, “green” goes hand-in-hand with the great performance you expect from Brooks. The Green Silence helps you take responsibility, and first place—with good karma to spare.$100
AWESOME MINIMAL SHOE FOR EFFICIENT RUNNING FORM!
OK…. so what’s on this runner’s list? On my list is…
1. Tickets to see The Black Swan with Natalie Portman.. ok, already confirmed this weekend :-))
2. The ability to run and train again…ok I think that comes in mid to late Jan. …hint, hint, Dr. Porter 😉
3. Anything from Lululemon ..
4. The great news of new Sponsors, such as Brooks Running and Froedtert Sports Medicine Institute and Performance Enhancement – check :-))) !!!
5. NO BACK PAIN … getting closer!
6. More compression running/recovery socks – pink size 2
7. Cuisinart Coffee Brew Master Maker (I admit a bit of a java snob! I like my fresh espresso, french pressed coffee, latte’s “just right”, and lots of tea) BUT thing thing would solve all my life’s problems. Coffee brewed by the cup in less than a minute “no cold coffee to heat up”, hot water button for instant GF oatmeal, hot water for tea in an instant. Oh boy…life would be EASY!
8. One last thing! Lifetime unlimited supply to Trader Joe’s. My shop of choice for fueling my training.
That’s All 😉
Have a wonderful holiday. Don’t lose the true meaning of Christmas with all the hustle and bustle. Try to support your local stores when possible and REMEMBER. HEALTH is the greatest gift. Thank your local health care providers. I know I have several to thank!!!